Popcorn is a type of popcorn used to make snacks. It is created by cooking popcorn at a high temperature, which causes the corn kernels to pop and become popcorn.
Plain, salted, sweet, caramelized or with different spices: popcorn can be eaten in any way you like! Generally considered a relatively low-calorie food, popcorn is also a source of dietary fiber.
Discover all the microwave popcorn recipes you can make at home with GrainPOP popcorn!
Microwave popcorn recipe: the quickest solution
The recipe for microwave popcorn is one of the easiest ways to make popcorn. To make it, you will need to gather the following ingredients:
- ready-to-use popcorn or dried shelled corn on the cob;
- 1 tablespoon of oil (optional) ;
- a little salt (optional).
- Place your popcorn in a brown paper or metal bowl specially designed for the microwave;
- Add a tablespoon of oil and a pinch of salt, if desired. Mix well;
- Place the bowl in the microwave and cook on full power for 2-4 minutes, watching closely to prevent the corn from burning. Cooking time will vary depending on the power of your microwave, check every 30 seconds after 2 minutes;
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and serve immediately. Homemade popcorn is yours !
This is the simplest and most popular way to make popcorn quickly at home. Because food lovers sometimes have no time to lose, GrainPOP has designed a solution of microwaveable popcorn bags combining speed and convenience!
The result is delicious popcorn in a natural fiber bag with no chemical additives or compounds and no plastic waste. You don't use any dishes while doing good for the planet!
Did you know that you can even choose different flavours? Just add a littlevegetable oil and half a portion of GrainPOP spices to your bag after a microwave, mix and you're done. On your marks, get set, enjoy!
Skillet popcorn recipe: the traditional method
The pan popcorn method is one of the most popular techniques for making popcorn. Simply heat a skillet over medium-high heat, add the popcorn kernels and stir regularly until they pop.
This method of cooking popcorn makes it easier to keep an eye on the kernels and remove them from the pan as soon as they have finished popping to prevent them from burning. You can also add ingredients such as oil or butter to add more gourmet flavor to your recipe.
Popcorn casserole recipe: an easy alternative
Making popcorn in a saucepan involves heating a saucepan over medium-high heat, adding the popcorn kernels and a little oil or butter to prevent the kernels from sticking, and stirring continuously until they pop.
This recipe is similar to the one made in a skillet, but it requires a heavy-bottomed pan to prevent the corn kernels from sticking to the bottom and burning: watch the corn kernels carefully and remove them from the pan as soon as they have finished popping.
As with the pan-frying method, this recipe can be a bit more challenging than the other methods, as the corn kernels require extra monitoring.
Baked popcorn recipe: an economical option
To make oven popcorn, preheat your oven to 220 degrees Celsius and once hot, place a layer of popcorn kernels in an ovenproof dish. Add oil and salt if desired. The oil is optional, but will give a better crunch.
Place the dish in the oven and bake for about 5 to 7 minutes , until most of the seeds have popped. Remove from the oven and serve immediately. To ensure that the kernels pop evenly, keep an eye on the popcorn while it is cooking and feel free to stir it from time to time.
What is the best method?
The microwave microwave popcorn is one of the quickest and easiest ways to make popcorn. This technique offers a number of advantages:
- Speed: the popcorn is ready in just a few minutes, making it an ideal option for impromptu gourmet moments or for movie nights at home;
- ease of use: just bring microwaveable popcorn bags and cook them in the microwave for a few minutes;
- Economy: no oil or other ingredients are needed to pop the corn kernels, making it an economical option;
- easy cleaning: the bags used for microwave cooking can be discarded after use, making clean-up easy.
Discover GrainPOP flavored popcorn bags for all your family and friends parties!